Information on COVID-19 coronavirus infection
How is coronavirus transmitted?
It is now known that COVID-19 is transmitted by drop and contact paths.
The virus is transmitted from person to person and is not capable of overcoming long distances, so the recommended safe distance from another person is 1.5 meters
It is not possible to get infected by an infected person if they are at a safe distance because the virus does not circulate in the air
Most often, the virus enters the mucous membranes of the nose, eyes through the hands or other objects (handkerchief, gloves) after touching objects (animals, meat, fish, door handles, handrails) contaminated with respiratory tract of the sick or infected.
Maintaining the viability of the COVID-19 virus is surface dependent and ranges from 3 hours to several days.
People of any age can be infected, so everyone should follow the virus protection measures. Elderly people and patients with chronic diseases are at increased risk.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
The first symptoms of SARS should be referred to a family doctor, because the virus may initially have similar symptoms from SARS.
Determination of the presence of the virus in humans can only be by means of special tests.
Who is at risk?
- medical workers,
- persons who had direct physical contact with the patient,
- persons who were indoors with the patient.
How to protect yourself from coronavirus and other infections?
COVID-19 protection measures:
- strengthening immunity through healthy lifestyles,
- seeking medical attention at the first symptoms of SARS,
- wash your hands with running water with soap for at least 20 seconds,
- use hand antiseptics to wash hands with soap,
- avoid contact with people, especially in the presence of virus symptoms,
- avoid touching your face,
- to heat products.